As a naturopathic doctor and functional medicine practitioner, I specialize in personalized healthcare. I work with you to find and resolve the underlying causes of your symptoms and restore your body’s innate ability to heal from the inside out.
Instead of the disease-centered symptom suppression focus of conventional healthcare, I address the health and functioning of your whole self – YOUR unique body, mind, and spirit.
In our work together, I will consider and address the following:
- Nutrition – Is the food you’re eating contributing to your symptoms? Do you have nutritional deficiencies? What kind of diet is right for you?
- Lifestyle – How do you spend your time? What’s important to you? What about rest and relaxation? Play and joy? Movement? How might your daily habits be helping or harming you?
- Environmental Factors – Are you exposed to chemicals or other toxins in your work or your home? How good is your body at biotransformation (processing and eliminating toxins)? Could toxins or metals be contributing to your health issues?
- Digestion – The digestive system is intimately connected to every other body system and its health affects the entire body. How well are you digesting and absorbing your food? Is there overgrowth of any organism in your digestive tract (bacteria, yeast, parasites, etc)? Do you have a “leaky gut”?
- Hormones – How well-balanced are your stress hormones, thyroid, and other hormones? Are hormone imbalances contributing to your health issues?
- Body-Mind-Spirit Connections – Psychological, spiritual, and social factors have a profound impact on physical health and well-being and vice versa. How might these issues be helping or harming you?
- Genetic Variability – The latest research shows that we can turn our genes on and off through our food choices and lifestyle. How might the expression of your genes be contributing to your symptoms?